Job Vacancy – Healthy Lifestyles Officer
Maternity Cover, 37 hours per week
Fixed term until May 2020
Salary £21,000 plus 6.6% matched pension contribution
Bradford Trident wishes to recruit a suitably qualified person for it’s Healthy Lifestyles project.
Healthy Lifestyles Officer will:-
- have experience of promoting physical activity, health improvement opportunities and nutrition issues to the community
- work with people, one to one and in groups, to improve reversible life limiting conditions and behaviours such as diabetes, obesity, poor diet and low activity levels. To raise the profile of health issues for local residents, for example diabetes prevention, diabetes management, air quality and the impacts of isolation.
- encourage and support improvement in the health and wellbeing of people in the area
- support and assist the development of a network of volunteers and community run health improvement activities (walking groups, exercise groups, park run, etc).
Applicants should have:
- Experience of working in an inner city area in a community setting, in voluntary or paid capacity.
- Good level of general education (literate, numerate and IT savvy)
- Knowledge of the connect between deprivation and health inequalities.
Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community.
Closing date: 10am Monday 15 April 2019
Interview date: Thursday 18 April 2019
Applications can also be obtained via phone 01274 768064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal chat about the role, please phone Halima 01274 768072
Expressions of interest invited for Better Start Bradford projects
Better Start Bradford is looking for organisations to help us deliver sustained change within the community through building a shared understanding, ownership of and participation in the work needed to help and support young children and their families. Through sustained work we hope to ensure that the neighbourhoods in which families live provide a safe, positive environment in which they and their children can thrive.
Better Start Bradford has worked collaboratively with our voluntary and community sector partners to co-produce a neighbourhood model where community outreach staff are managed by a number of community organisations using a hub and spoke model of delivery.
The number of organisations required is not fixed but will be selected according to the range of specialist expertise and geographical coverage available.
We are looking for organisations who can demonstrate how they could:
- Enable the delivery of information and key messages in creative ways to ensure more families are able to find out about our projects.
- Help families to feedback and influence how we deliver our projects
- Develop a shared understanding of key messages across neighbourhoods
- Enable greater take up of and engagement in our projects.
Within the Better Start Bradford area there is a wide diversity of communities and we therefore recognise that it is unlikely that all organisations rooted within their communities will have the range of expertise or geographical spread to cover our whole programme area either in terms of geography or diversity. We are therefore particularly interested to hear from organisations that can tell us about how they could collaborate and work with others to broaden our reach.
Please refer to the guidance document attached for further details regarding how we will score and assess applications.
Contract period 3 years with potential to extend to 5 years
Total funding available In the Region of 175,000 per year to cover all applications.
Closing date for EOIs: 18 April 2019
Expression Of Interest Evaluation and Scoring 29 April to 10 May
Shortlisted organisations invited to Interview 13 May to 31 May
Contract start (set-up) 01 July 2019
Delivery start 01 October 2019
If you have any further queries please email Guy@bradfordtrident.co.uk
Please return completed EOIs (by email) to: Guy@bradfordtrident.co.uk
Programme Administrator – Better Start Bradford
Forms available here:
Queries received up to 05/04/19: Queries received to 5.4.19