The Warm Homes Healthy People service provides individual support to the urgent needs of vulnerable people living in cold homes. The service is free to any householder who lives in the Bradford Metropolitan District and who meets the eligibility criteria.
The Warm Homes Healthy People partnership consists of Groundwork Green Doctors, Bradford AgeUK, Bradford Family Action, Inn Churches, and the Hale Project.
The Partnership offers:
- Telephone advice and support on the most suitable and cheapest energy tariffs
- Switch energy supplier/ tariff or payment method if requested
- Support to apply for grants and discounts such as the Warm Home Discount, Energy Trust Funds & Green Homes Grants
- Benefits/debt advice
- Energy-saving improvements such as Draught Proofing doors and windows / Reflective Radiator panels / LED Light Bulbs
- Advice and apply for social water tariffs/water meters/water debt repayment plans
- Identify/assess and report housing repairs / damp/mold and condensation issues
- Larger-scale improvements such as central heating systems, boiler repairs/replacements, and loft/cavity wall insulation.
- Emergency heating/bedding/food parcels
- Advice on Nutrition & Health
- Signpost & refer to other relevant specialist support organisations.
- Interpreter/translation services are available.
- To find out more or make a referral, please call them on:
0808 1683547 (Freephone) / 0113-238 0601
Or follow this online link: