Small Grants Funding 2018
If your organisation would like to apply for up to £300 of funding to run activities or events of community benefit in the BD5 area, please contact the Clerk, Mohammed Rafiq by email, Bradford.email@example.com to request an application form. The closing date for this round of funding is 4pm Friday 30th November 2018. Please note, proof of spend will be required and you may be asked to attend our Annual Community Meeting to give feedback.
The following local organisations were awarded funding in the May 2018 round of funding for the Community Council’s Small Grants:
- African Carribean Elders (ACE)
- Athletico FC
- Athletico Football Club Academy
- Attock West Bowling Cricket Club (Flix)
- Barnardo’s Children Centre
- Bowling Old Lane Cricket Club
- Bradford Gymkhana
- Cecil Green Arts
- Dominica Association of Bradford
- Fountain School
- Friends of Horton Park
- Girlington Cricket Club
- Madni Academy
- Safety First Community Centre
- Serbian Church Bradford
- St Oswald’s West End Centre
- West Bowling Activity Group
- West Bowling Youth Initiative
- X-Plosion Cultural Arts
Community Council Notes
The Community Council has the same powers as a parish council. Parish Councils make all kinds of decisions on issues that affect the local community. Probably the most common issues that our Community Council get involved with are planning issues, fly tipping and cleaner/greener issues and crime prevention. Our Community Council is not political and is one of the only Parish Councils in the country that does not charge a precept.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Parishes listed below
|Number of Parish Councillors to be elected||Parishes||Number of Parish Councillors to be elected|
|Addingham||Eleven||Ilkley (Ben Rhydding)||Four|
|Baildon (East)||Two||Ilkley (North)||Three|
|Baildon (North)||Two||Ilkley (South)||Three|
|Baildon (South East)||Two||Ilkley (West)||Four|
|Baildon (South West)||Two||Keighley (Bogthorn and Exley)||One|
|Baildon (South)||Two||Keighley (Brackenbank and Ingrow)||Three|
|Baildon (West)||Two||Keighley (Fell Lane and Westburn)||Three|
|Bingley (Bingley Central & Myrtle Park)||Two||Keighley (Guardhouse)||One|
|Bingley (Cottingley)||Three||Keighley (Highfield)||Two|
|Bingley (Crossflatts & Micklethwaite)||Two||Keighley (Knowle Park)||One|
|Bingley (Crow Nest)||Two||Keighley (Lawkholme and Showfield)||Two|
|Bingley (Eldwick)||Two||Keighley (Laycock and Braithwaite)||One|
|Bingley (Gilstead)||Two||Keighley (Long Lee and Parkwood)||Two|
|Bingley (Lady Lane & Oakwood)||One||Keighley (Morton & Sandbeds)||Two|
|Bingley (Priestthorpe)||Two||Keighley (Oakworth)||Three|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Holme Top)||Two||Keighley (Riddlesden and Stockbridge)||Three|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Marshfields)||Two||Keighley (Spring Gardens and Utley)||Three|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Melbourne)||Two||Keighley (Town)||One|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Parkside)||Two||Keighley (Woodhouse and Hainworth)||Two|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Ripley)||Two||Menston||Seven|
|Bradford Trident Community Council (Woodroyd)||Two||Oxenhope||Eight|
|Clayton (East)||Five||Silsden (Inner)||Ten|
|Clayton (West)||Eight||Silsden (Outer)||Two|
|Cullingworth||Ten||Steeton with Eastburn (Eastburn)||Three|
|Denholme||Nine||Steeton with Eastburn (Steeton)||Eight|
|Haworth, Cross Roads & Stanbury (Cross Roads)||Two||Wilsden (Wilsden)||Eight|
|Haworth, Cross Roads & Stanbury (Haworth)||Nine||Wrose||Nine|
|Haworth, Cross Roads & Stanbury (Stanbury)||One||
- Forms of nomination for Parish Elections may be obtained from Clerks to Parish Councils or Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY on any day from the date of this notice but no later than 4pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
- If any election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by midnight on Friday, 12th April 2019. Applications can be made online at gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY by 5pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
|Dated Tuesday 26 March 2019||Kersten England|
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Electoral Services, 3rd Floor, City Hall, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 1HY