Vacancy for part time Community Council Clerk
Bradford Trident Community Council seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to take on the post of part time Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be someone with good organisational and communication skills who can work efficiently and effectively under pressure and on his/her initiative
Time spent by the Clerk on council business varies, but is currently 16 hours a week with 12 full Council meetings a year (approx.)
Previous local government experience is desirable but not essential.
Salary (dependent on experience) is paid in accordance with the National Joint Council recommendations plus reasonable expenses.
- acting as advisor to the council;
- minute taking;
- compilation and dealing with all correspondence, (ability to use e-mail is necessary);
- Maintaining all information of expenditure and income, making payments, preparing quarterly financial review documents and preparing the annual budget document
- Completing the end of year accounts on behalf of the Community Council.
- maintaining the Community Council website
- The post holder will work from office/home and will be required to attend evening meetings.
- willingness to undertake training in all aspects of local authority administration.
If this role appeals and you feel you have the necessary skills and experience we’d be delighted to hear from you
Application packs are available via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Friday 19th May 2017 and interviews will be held the following week.