Part time vacancy – Clerk to the Community Council
Bradford Trident Community Council seeks a highly motivated and well organised person to take on the post of part time Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Time spent by the Clerk on council business varies, but is currently 12 hours a week with 12 meetings a year (approx.)
Previous local government experience is desirable but not essential.
Salary (dependent on experience) is paid in accordance with the National Joint Council recommendations plus reasonable expenses.
- acting as advisor to the council;
- minute taking;
- compilation and dealing with all correspondence, (ability to use e-mail is necessary);
- Maintaining all information of expenditure and income, making payments, preparing quarterly financial review documents and preparing the annual budget document
- Completing the end of year accounts on behalf of the Community Council.
- maintaining the Community Council website; producing quarterly newsletter
- operating small grant scheme
- The post holder will work from home and will be required to attend evening meetings.
- willingness to undertake training in all aspects of local authority administration.
If this role appeals and you feel you have the necessary skills and experience we’d be delighted to hear from you
Application packs are available via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications 10th February 2017