Job vacancy – locality officer with Bradford Doulas – Better Start Bradford
Better Start Bradford – Bradford Doulas project
Initially a 1 Year Post (secondment welcome)
Action for Community Ltd (ACL) is a registered charity that aims to support people to access training and employment, tackle poverty and adopt healthier lifestyles, including reducing health inequalities. The charity is based at Carlisle Business Centre and the Bradford Volunteer Doula Service is one of ACL’s key projects. Bradford Doulas delivers across Bradford City CCG wards and has now won a further contract to support pregnant women and their families in the Better Start Bradford area, delivering the Bradford Doulas project.
We train Bradford women to qualify as CERTA accredited volunteer doulas to provide non-judgmental, consistent, tailored information and physical and emotional support 6-weeks before the birth, during labour and 6-weeks postnatal.
As a locality officer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the project. Your responsibilities will include:
– Recruiting new trainee volunteer doulas, and managing and arranging appropriate training for existing volunteer doulas.
– Matching doulas to mums that are referred to the service appropriately, carrying out initial risk assessments visits within the home and assessing the needs of mums and families.
– Liaising and networking with statutory and voluntary sector partners for marketing support, maintaining referrals to the service and ensuring appropriate support is provided for doulas, mums and their families.
– You will have experience of working in the health or social care sector and/or the VCS in a health and social care setting with knowledge around pregnancy and childbirth and perinatal care.
– You will also have experience of supervising volunteers and of working with a diverse population, including BME communities. A good understanding of confidentiality, child protection and domestic abuse is required. You will also have confidence in collating monitoring information and data gathering in order to compile reports for funding bodies.
For a full job description, service specification and application pack please contact:
Kauser Rauf, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01274 223201
This opportunity is also available as a secondment; however please speak to your employer before applying.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on: Friday 28th April 2017
Interviews will take place Friday 5th May 2017