Health and happiness together
Who would not want a long, healthy life, full of vitality, energy and good health?
The Healthy Lifestyle project is here to help all of us achieve that goal.
Each journey starts with the first step and through those small progressive steps huge distance can be travelled and great outcomes achieved.
Changes to your eating habits, families cooking styles, weekly shopping list or vegetable consumption can over time make radical changes to your health.
Another positive step is the “Golden pill” the NHS wish they could administer: regular physical activity. Joining a sports or activity group could just be the best decision you ever make.
For a helping hand to make lifestyle changes for you and your family come and talk to our Healthy Lifestyles team, based at the Parkside Sports Centre.
From cooking great fresh food for family and friends or enjoying a stretch, walk or game with friends, our Healthy Lifestyles team are on hand to support you to take that next step to a healthier happier lifestyle.
Here are a taste of the groups and clubs that could help you realise your ambitions:
- Ladies Only: Zumba/Aerobics: Every Monday 9:30 am till 10:30 am.
- Cooking with confidence classes (Parkside cafe, days and times vary)
- Chair-obics (Park Lane Centre, Wednesday 13:00-15:00)
- Kick Boxing (Park Lane, Sunday 11:30-13:00)
- Self-Defence (Mayfield, Saturday 9:45-11:30)
- Walking Groups [Ladies only and mixed](location and timing weather dependant)
- Connect with Creativity (Parkside, every Wednesday 13:30 – 15:00)
- Khana Peena (Parkside, every Wednesday 12:00 – 13:00)
- The Well Being Café (Parkside, 2nd Thursday of the month 13:00-15:00)
- Senior Citizens Lunch club (Parkside, Every Tuesday 12:00 – 14:00)
- Rock Choir (Mayfield, Monday 18:00-22:00)
- Children’s Holiday Energy/Activity sessions: During the school holiday’s days, times vary.
Call in at Parkside Sports Centre for details or contact reception.